Emotional Fuel

1.) In two paragraphs (4-6 sentences in each paragraph), discuss a time when someone or a group of individuals fueled you emotionally. Was it one person or a group of people? When did this take place? What did they say or do to fuel you? Did they create a shared vision with you? Utilize your "ME" diagram and your class notes to guide your response. 

For a long period of my life, my theater group all throughout high school fueled me emotionally. They wee a solid support group of so many people that were always there to listen. Not only did I have this group but also people from other groups that helped in theater events. So I always had someone to be happy for, and if anyone was unhappy we gave each other reasons to be happy. 

2.) Why do you think we need accountability and support in our lives as leaders?

It's very important to have accountability to keep yourself centered, and support is important because then you are strong for yourself and for your friends and family.

3.) A frequently quoted proverb says, As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. List ways one person can sharpen another person in a relationship.

When i an a friendship, the proverb stands true. You are both their to be good roll models and effect and guide the other for the better, and vice versa. Your friend on the tother hand will do the same, hammering out your dents until you have both help share each other.

4.) How does using symbolic language/images and being unique provide emotional fuel to others?

I think it gives others a chance to have something emotionally to connect with. Images can be stronger than words and therefore is the better choice.

5.) What are the weak spots where you need the counsel of others in your life? Are there areas where you feel you have an empty tank?

I most need counsel in the relationship aspect of my life, Relationship retaining to friendships, romantic and family. I'm not the best at seeing the issues and or knowing hoe to interpret and talk about them when it is a personal relationship between me and someone else.

Comments

  1. I was also fueled by my theater group in high school! I didn't think of accountability of something to keep yourself centered but I really like that you pointed it out. When you lead, when do you think the proverb stands true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Misha,

    I really liked what you said under question two about support. "support is important because then you are strong for yourself and for your friends and family". I didn't think of support for myself, as many leaders put others first and themselves last. I now realize it is supposed be balanced. I liked your terminology, when you said "hammering out your dents until you have both help share each other"--this paints a nice mental picture of a positive, healthy friendship. I think working things out with someone personally is best and seeking advice as well is good too. How's your emotional fueling today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In what ways can we as leaders show support to our constituents? Also, in what ways can you show others that it's fine to be comfortable in your own skin (uniqueness)?

    - Calvin J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think by being able to stand tall and embrace yourself and what you are doing even when others are mocking or doing different, it can set an example for those to not be scared of embracing themselves. And sometimes standing with them can be a fantastic show of support!

      Delete

Post a Comment